Skip to main content

Liberation of one’s mind is, simply put; the sincerest form of freedom that we can experience as humans

 Smoking, Being Alone, and Being Brilliant – Why it’s challenging for me to Quit

Always be vigilant in your consistency. For instance, I spent my holiday morning (quiet I may add since my son is out of the house), researching information on insults. I expect everything that I do to be of a certain stature; and as such I will continue to uphold the highest quality delivery that I can possibly commit to. (COMMIT is a SQL term too I like to relate my life’s work with my other life’s work, it’s a thing I do).

I like smoking because it is a mild form of escape of the prison that my mind was living in. The action of lighting up a cigarette in the crisp night air, under the stars (star gazing is one of my favorite past-times). I would step outside, music playing on my headset, something smooth, stare up at the stars, and light one up. Smiling usually, because I feel like an Adult-Child that is misbehaving while only being acknowledged by the great spirit of my ancestors above, but not punished.

I like to Light Up because it is my time to reflect on the millions of thoughts that spin around in my head. No one said being a genius would be easy. Ask my Father, for example. World’s Most Brilliant Man, and he freaks out about water being spilled on the bottom shelf of my fridge. Perhaps his subservience to this anxiety is a meek form of the illusion of mental liberation utilizing control theory. For example, he thinks he has something appropriate to worry about and freak out about and he is using it as a tool to control the environment around him.

How? Well, Ashley comes downstairs to pour a cup of her morning coffee à and instead of making it to the coffee machine, Dad stands in the doorway (control – blocking the entrance), and says ‘ASH THERE’S WATER ON THE FLOOR OF THE FRIDGE!!!!’ and now Ashley is involved and unwillingly submissive to the mental control that oppresses her father. And now I’m MAD, simply because I now have re-ordered my thought-folders and fear was opened without my consent.

This subservience is existent in my child, too. I see it in his eyes. I see how he loses his shit when he can’t figure out how to zip-up his sweater. My son becomes engulfed with Anger and Rage, I step in to help him (as, I believe, A Mother should), but he does-not accept my help. He just continues to yell and scream until he throws it off. My son, he is a genius just like his Mother and his Grandfather before him. And as such, Geniuses get MAD when they are bad at something. These are the truest words I’ve ever spoken. As my Relationship Guide @Jess Powell taught me, Anger is empowered Sadness.

We become sad when we have difficulty understanding something. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What My Parents Told Me

 My Parents told me not to play outside,          and I did it anyway My Parents told me not to sing the national-anthem at the high school basketball game,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to divorce the sorry loser,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to go to University,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to start the business,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to learn to play the instruments,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to paint the portraits,         and I did it anyway My parents told me not to become a millionaire,           and I did it anyway My parents told me to get the vaccine,          and I didn't   ...

Feel the night air in Perfect darkness babe

I was finally able to sleep. Water + Music are my salvation. Who knew there was something better than alcohol. And, I woke up at 10 without a hangover, that's pretty cool. I give last night a 7/10. To get those last 3 points up I would like to sleep through 1-3AM. My favorite song today is ' Perfect Darkness ' by Fink. I looked up the lyrics because it is literally so good at grounding me. "Keep those brown eyes wide open for a for this moment we own for now. And everything we gonna do we do it. See the black clouds fall out of fear Feel it rise up in perfect darkness. Perfect darkness is all I can see. Deep water stay under. See it rolling over you head and just roll with it until it's all good yeah. Deep water a little deeper then you thought feel it going over the edge and just go with it until it's all good yeah. Compass points out in all directions. From this moment we over now . With everything we do we gonna do it . And everything we do...

Nature is My Healer

 We can't stop the rain here in Upstate, NY. However, we can adapt to it. I'm learning, if I apply the same mentality that I have all winter, my internal dialogue reads: "this is a time to enjoy the crisp, breathable air," "run through the snow, they made crampons for a reason," "cross country skiing is fun and relaxing at the same time, bring your phone and play your favorite music." I start with these ideas, and then I just go. I put on the coat, and the boots, and the gloves, and I go. Later on, when I come home, I am satisfied and fulfilled.  See, my Native roots keep me close to nature. Right now, as a person who works remote, and runs a business from home, I am finding that getting outside has become essential. That being said, I went for my 5 mile trail run this morning, (after like 5 months, not bragging). After I dropped my son off at school. I didn't just go for a run. It was raining, it was cold, I had a million really great excuses ...