Skip to main content

The Beheaded Goddess

It's March 2020. I've not posted on here since September of last year. Needless to say, after reviewing my last post, 3/4 of that spew actually happened. Maybe I do have patience. As a stubborn and impatient Sagittarius - I find it a little bit difficult to wait for what I want, especially considering my literal daily efforts. Not a day goes by that I don't work on my craft. The same goes for living a spiritual life while balancing day to day business matters. I always give in to the voice in my head that tells me to offer the man on the street food, or to leave a dollar at the toll for the next person. It's really interesting when I behave this way especially on days where I am tested - to say the least. I've learned to walk like I have 1,000 little children behind me, following in my footsteps, learning from me. I have a responsibility, and it's very important to me that I walk the same way that I talk.

Meanwhile I am thinking about posting more here about what I've been working on in the evening hours. I've rediscovered the local library and I must say I absolutely love checking books in and out, lol. The little things in life make me so happy. Ugh a trip to the library with my son and herbal tea, reading while he plays, researching, using my mind, it's the best. I'm reading quite a few different books right now. The one I have the most interest in is The Serpent and the Goddess by Mary Condren. Essentially, Condren highlights the transfer of power int he early 4th & 5th centuries. I literally can't put it down. She writes about how Warrior women were forced out of their power and to succumb to Man. From Battle to cleaning houses for their Kings, submitting to the infamous patriarchy. Sounds familiar.

It's very interesting to live life as an Alpha Female on a soon ending quest for the ultimate Alpha Male. I admit - my life would be easier if I weren't so adamant on finding the right guy - the Ultimate Alpha. I want to remain a Warrior, but I also want a Warrior. Gone are the days of settling for anything less than that. I didn't say I wanted HALF of the Alpha Male qualities, I want the F-U-L-L package. This book is very empowering in finding or regaining your Feminine Power and reassuring that it is okay to be a powerful female in search of or partnered with your counterpart.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing Ashley! Please share more often! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What My Parents Told Me

 My Parents told me not to play outside,          and I did it anyway My Parents told me not to sing the national-anthem at the high school basketball game,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to divorce the sorry loser,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to go to University,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to start the business,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to learn to play the instruments,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to paint the portraits,         and I did it anyway My parents told me not to become a millionaire,           and I did it anyway My parents told me to get the vaccine,          and I didn't   ...

Feel the night air in Perfect darkness babe

I was finally able to sleep. Water + Music are my salvation. Who knew there was something better than alcohol. And, I woke up at 10 without a hangover, that's pretty cool. I give last night a 7/10. To get those last 3 points up I would like to sleep through 1-3AM. My favorite song today is ' Perfect Darkness ' by Fink. I looked up the lyrics because it is literally so good at grounding me. "Keep those brown eyes wide open for a for this moment we own for now. And everything we gonna do we do it. See the black clouds fall out of fear Feel it rise up in perfect darkness. Perfect darkness is all I can see. Deep water stay under. See it rolling over you head and just roll with it until it's all good yeah. Deep water a little deeper then you thought feel it going over the edge and just go with it until it's all good yeah. Compass points out in all directions. From this moment we over now . With everything we do we gonna do it . And everything we do...

Nature is My Healer

 We can't stop the rain here in Upstate, NY. However, we can adapt to it. I'm learning, if I apply the same mentality that I have all winter, my internal dialogue reads: "this is a time to enjoy the crisp, breathable air," "run through the snow, they made crampons for a reason," "cross country skiing is fun and relaxing at the same time, bring your phone and play your favorite music." I start with these ideas, and then I just go. I put on the coat, and the boots, and the gloves, and I go. Later on, when I come home, I am satisfied and fulfilled.  See, my Native roots keep me close to nature. Right now, as a person who works remote, and runs a business from home, I am finding that getting outside has become essential. That being said, I went for my 5 mile trail run this morning, (after like 5 months, not bragging). After I dropped my son off at school. I didn't just go for a run. It was raining, it was cold, I had a million really great excuses ...