Skip to main content

The Energy Dichotomy

Honoring your truth is one of the most liberating and challenging thing you can do for yourself. Throughout this past summer I have struggled the most. Adversity has always been my strong suit. However, I've been hit with a massive amount of tumultuous affairs which require me to do nothing but face the music. I've had to face my fear. I know what terrifies me, and I keep it to myself, trying to find other ways to cope. The truth is - my truth is, that I love so much. I love all things, children, people, life, nature, luxury, material things, and more. With that love comes the challenge of being more sensitive than most people. I love my work, but I've been tempted to pursue opportunities that I knew in my heart weren't really what I wanted to do. So I've acted out of fear, allowing myself to pursue the opportunities hoping it would change my direction. And it did, but not in the way I imagined. It reminded me that I know deep within my heart that I was meant to do more.

I knew that I was supposed to start a business, that my engineering talent would keep me in the technical aptitude that I needed, and my business mind would match that. I've tried to accept other work, but there was always the voice there that said "why are you doing this?" I've been rejected because of my big dreams. My dreams - to own and operate a Fortune 500 company, have been challenged. When I've spoken to my counterparts about this dream, I can sense their hesitation. Something that I am learning is a result of their own fears.

But in remembering my truth, that I once said "some day you will need to contact my assistant to get to me." I've had several assistants. I've made well over 6 figures. And sadly for me, not everyone is going to like that. My question to myself is how can I channel that energy? Avoiding reality and seeing the good in everyone doesn't really make the negative feelings go away, it actually just makes me more sad, and sadness hits me very hard.

When I am hurt, I am sad. I wonder why I give so much and the giving is met with rejection, betrayal, dishonesty. When I tell the truth, I am scorned. But I can literally do nothing but tell the truth. I've always told the truth. In fact, I couldn't tell a lie even if I tried. My delivery has changed, but I still feel that standing in my truth is part of my existence.

The unfortunate series of events that lead me to where I am today have really pushed me to change. To look deep within myself and identify what my triggers are, and how to deal with them. You don't need to like it, it won't change me. I knew I would become an engineer, despite several obvious adversities against me. There is something beautiful in the knowing. I know that I can achieve whatever I set my sights on. It is okay that I'm intelligent, beautiful, love, and human. I would rather remain this way than revert into the past life money driven dog eat dog business person I was. My work, and my dreams are a result of my truest desire - to protect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What My Parents Told Me

 My Parents told me not to play outside,          and I did it anyway My Parents told me not to sing the national-anthem at the high school basketball game,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to divorce the sorry loser,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to go to University,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to start the business,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to learn to play the instruments,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to paint the portraits,         and I did it anyway My parents told me not to become a millionaire,           and I did it anyway My parents told me to get the vaccine,          and I didn't   ...

Feel the night air in Perfect darkness babe

I was finally able to sleep. Water + Music are my salvation. Who knew there was something better than alcohol. And, I woke up at 10 without a hangover, that's pretty cool. I give last night a 7/10. To get those last 3 points up I would like to sleep through 1-3AM. My favorite song today is ' Perfect Darkness ' by Fink. I looked up the lyrics because it is literally so good at grounding me. "Keep those brown eyes wide open for a for this moment we own for now. And everything we gonna do we do it. See the black clouds fall out of fear Feel it rise up in perfect darkness. Perfect darkness is all I can see. Deep water stay under. See it rolling over you head and just roll with it until it's all good yeah. Deep water a little deeper then you thought feel it going over the edge and just go with it until it's all good yeah. Compass points out in all directions. From this moment we over now . With everything we do we gonna do it . And everything we do...

The Beheaded Goddess

It's March 2020. I've not posted on here since September of last year. Needless to say, after reviewing my last post, 3/4 of that spew actually happened. Maybe I do have patience . As a stubborn and impatient Sagittarius - I find it a little bit difficult to wait for what I want, especially considering my literal daily efforts. Not a day goes by that I don't work on my craft. The same goes for living a spiritual life while balancing day to day business matters. I always give in to the voice in my head that tells me to offer the man on the street food, or to leave a dollar at the toll for the next person. It's really interesting when I behave this way especially on days where I am tested - to say the least. I've learned to walk like I have 1,000 little children behind me, following in my footsteps, learning from me. I have a responsibility, and it's very important to me that I walk the same way that I talk. Meanwhile I am thinking about posting more here about ...