Skip to main content

Equalizer Bars, Swiss Ball, Pilates

I was able to set aside a couple of hours today to really focus on my strength and cardio. I've been dealing with a tremendous amount of stress largely due to debts from my very expensive divorce and a 3 year old boy who refuses to sleep (for 10 days straight). It took a lot for me to practice the good habits I've developed over time in order to stay on track and just get there. Versus consuming crappy snacks and slowing myself down. I had a coffee at 230 and literally just put one foot in front of the other until I found myself in my home gym.

I become easily frustrated when my friends and/or family ask how I lost so much weight. So, I've decided as a personal outlet I could at the very least post it here, as it takes more of an explanation than saying "it melted off like butter."

The reality is that I lost 47 pounds in the year 2017 by making major changes to my lifestyle. Divorcing my husband, changing jobs, those were the big changes. However, I've come to learn that it is not the big changes that make us who we are, it is the smaller, every day habits that really define us. For example, everyone close to me knows about my ginger water, without it I am plagued. The hardest part about it is making it. Just like exercise, so much of it is in our heads. I've learned that the act of getting to the gym is actually much, much more difficult than the act of exercising.

I'll save the 'in our heads' talk for another discussion. But, for now I will touch on one of the most important life lessons of mine in 2018 - simply going through the motions in your daily life are not going to solve any problems, or change you. However, real change comes from solving the actual problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What My Parents Told Me

 My Parents told me not to play outside,          and I did it anyway My Parents told me not to sing the national-anthem at the high school basketball game,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to divorce the sorry loser,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to go to University,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to start the business,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to learn to play the instruments,          and I did it anyway My parents told me not to paint the portraits,         and I did it anyway My parents told me not to become a millionaire,           and I did it anyway My parents told me to get the vaccine,          and I didn't   ...

Feel the night air in Perfect darkness babe

I was finally able to sleep. Water + Music are my salvation. Who knew there was something better than alcohol. And, I woke up at 10 without a hangover, that's pretty cool. I give last night a 7/10. To get those last 3 points up I would like to sleep through 1-3AM. My favorite song today is ' Perfect Darkness ' by Fink. I looked up the lyrics because it is literally so good at grounding me. "Keep those brown eyes wide open for a for this moment we own for now. And everything we gonna do we do it. See the black clouds fall out of fear Feel it rise up in perfect darkness. Perfect darkness is all I can see. Deep water stay under. See it rolling over you head and just roll with it until it's all good yeah. Deep water a little deeper then you thought feel it going over the edge and just go with it until it's all good yeah. Compass points out in all directions. From this moment we over now . With everything we do we gonna do it . And everything we do...

The Beheaded Goddess

It's March 2020. I've not posted on here since September of last year. Needless to say, after reviewing my last post, 3/4 of that spew actually happened. Maybe I do have patience . As a stubborn and impatient Sagittarius - I find it a little bit difficult to wait for what I want, especially considering my literal daily efforts. Not a day goes by that I don't work on my craft. The same goes for living a spiritual life while balancing day to day business matters. I always give in to the voice in my head that tells me to offer the man on the street food, or to leave a dollar at the toll for the next person. It's really interesting when I behave this way especially on days where I am tested - to say the least. I've learned to walk like I have 1,000 little children behind me, following in my footsteps, learning from me. I have a responsibility, and it's very important to me that I walk the same way that I talk. Meanwhile I am thinking about posting more here about ...